Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Get it in writing!!! (good luck with that)

I note that Telus is trying to do everything verbally only over the telephone.

Telus has indicated to me that they will offer me some new blah-blah-blah-whatever wireless data plan (at something like several times the monthly cost) but THEY WILL NOT SEND OUT ANY DETAILS OF THE 'SPECIAL-OFFER TO OUR ABUSED CLIENTS' PLAN IN WRITING. And it is complicated enough, with purported cost ceilings and various limits, that I certainly need to see it in writing. Especially given their bad behaviour regarding the definition of "Unlimited" being 5GB (in spite of more-recent denials).

I have informed them (verbally) that I am simply not accepting any new data plan. So far as I am concerned, I am on 'Connect 75 Unlimited' until told otherwise in writing. Terminate, suspend and/or cancel the service after the notification period ends if you wish, but I do not accept any offer of a new plan.

If there is a new rate plan, then they have (effectively) not told me about it. Not in any detail sufficient for me to accept it. And, in any case, if they think that paying hundreds of dollars per month for a reasonable level of Internet service (~15GB +/-) is going to work for me, they're fricken insane.

So the ball is their court. Put it in writing.

There are laws (certainly provincial) about selling things by telephone. Do you want to play that game? Better read up on the rules covering such direct selling; legally it is treated the same as door-to-door vacuum salesmen.

So put it in writing.

No comments: